KAWA Uganda in collaboration with the Uganda Communications Commission and the National Curriculum Development Center (NCDC) is introducing a national annual Website competition for secondary schools with ICT Clubs in Uganda. This will be a Project-Based Learning activity developed by a group of students in each school basing on the 17 Sustainable Development goals (SDGs)
Motivation for Participation
This is an opportunity for ICT Club members and the rest of the students together with their teachers and the whole school to shine by showing out what can come out of that computer lab. UCC has supported over 1000 secondary schools in both urban and rural areas with functional computer laboratories.
For the first time, our students will practically get involved in Web engineering, Web content development with a clear understanding of client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, Web server, and network security configuration, and e-commerce development depending on the topic chosen.
Procedure for Participation
- Fill out the form from this link https://forms.gle/PhN8Xq3ZEfB3Tnkz5 Deadline is 13th June 2022
- Use the subdomain provided by KAWA. Each ICT club got a free subdomain name and free hosting on the KAWA server to upload their website and above all improve on their practical skills in website development. Check the one for Busia SS below.
Students are encouraged to use all the resources available on the internet to research, build their technical skills, discover their innovative nature, build interactive websites with feedback facilities from users, and upload their websites on the KAWA server before the deadline.
- KAWA Team will be supporting all the students and teachers through face-to-face and zoom meetings on weekends to help them develop better skills in handling the task.
Different roles in a team
- Graphics Designer: Is one who knows how to design images. Graphics are used in websites to make them look attractive. Need to be able to use programs such as photoshop. Remember to respect copyright, copying of images from existing work is not allowed.
- Content Researcher: Is one who will search for the information needed to make your site a rich educational site. s/he will search the internet, books, and magazines for sources of the information about your topic. It is important to document all research and include a reference page, with attention to copyright.
Moses Wamanga is a trained and experienced educator with a strong background in the Tech Industry and capacity building to ameliorate educational outcomes and standards. He has designed and conducted various national and international conferences with specific interventions on the effective application of ICT in education and classroom technology.